Data Centers today encompass many different network technologies as well as environmental elements, facilities, sizing, physical security, power, cooling, etc. There are mainly two types of Data Centers: IT Data Centers and Production Data Centers.
The main drivers for building a Data Center include:
- Backup of Data (on the same or different sites)
- The need for storage, security and high availability
- Growth of Financial sectors (e.g. online banking)
- Learning from distance
- Growth of online business
The components of a Data Center include:
- Data Center mainframe
- Physical infrastructure and environmental controlling elements
- Network infrastructure: Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, Firewalls, IPS.
- Web servers, File servers, Application servers, Database servers
- Storage and Virtualization systems and OS
- Network Management
Data Center sizes:
- Server room includes 5-25 servers
- Local includes 25-100 servers
- Mid-Tier includes 50-100 servers
- Enterprise includes 500-1000 servers
Another important aspect about Data Centers is their connections between different locations.
CACTTUS may offer the Data Center solutions with the vendors below:
- Cisco Systems
- Juniper Networks